Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Soaring Like An Eagle - Awesome!


 “Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagle, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”  (Isa. 40:31).  Fabulous!

“And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them.  And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh” (Ezek 11:19).  Awesome!

Hey Gang:  Time to pull up to God's high octane heavenly fluid pump and prepare for the tough days ahead.  As an old country preacher once said, when you come to a therefore, stop and see what it is therefore.

“Therefore, we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.  For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not see are eternal” (2 Cor. 5:16 – 18). Praise!

He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”  And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.  Then He said, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.”  He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.”  (Rev, 21:5-7).

I just returned from visiting a once very proud person who now lives with a broken spirit and is not willing to humble himself before the Lord and pray diligently that God would take control of his heart and mind.  I believe the seed of redemption were planted in him in his youth but, like the prodigal chose to leave the home of his youth and go his own way.

Jesus continues to whisper in his ear, "Behold I make all things new" even though you are experiencing momentary, light afflictions but you must look beyond the things that are seen and get your eyes on the things that are eternal. 

Soooo,  my young friends, I am always amazed with the wonderful, but often tragic, stories of God's children that live under a cloud of persecution and even the possibility that this may be the last day of their life.  I once asked a Russian Jew, who had made aliyah back to Israel, the land of his heritage, if he did not have concerns about living in the Northern most part of Israel. He knows that every invasion of past years has come though his front yard.  He responded, "No, God has been so good to me over the years, if my time is up, I will go to be with My Lord for all eternity.  No more concerns about martyrdom or war".

How would you answer that question, if you heard Isis was approaching your door?

Blessings,


Gramps 

No comments:

Post a Comment