Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Is This The Toughtest TIme of Your Life? - Continued


"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting.  He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him" (Psalm 126:5-6).

Hey Gang:  Anyone out there know what the ‘Peter Principle’ is?  For those who do not, simply stated it is ‘if it can go wrong it will’.  Did you ever notice that in most cases when you drop something on the floor it has eyes and hunts something to crawl under?

One of the anxiety driven principles that plagues you as you grow into the so called ‘Golden Years’ (Golden for the medical profession) is everything, including your body begins to wear out.  Completing a chore usually consist of seventy percent of the time fixing the equipment and twenty-five percent getting to the production phase.

I recently went through another phase with my D-14 Allis Chalmers tractor.  If you have been a Gramps morning reader, you have read my stories of woe with the beastly machine.  This time it was especially irritating because nothing I did seemed to fix the problem.  I cleaned the lines, I had the carburetor rebuilt, we took the gas tank off and cleaned it and it would run for ten minutes and quit.

One day in utter frustration I cried out, Lord I do not need this continue aggravation and the thought came into my head that my problem was in the sediment bulb of the beast.  So I took off the sediment bulb and, low and behold, the gas feed was feeding slowly on one side and completely blocked on the other.     Ten minutes with the air compression removed the thorn in my side that had plagued me for more than a year and the tractor has run as good as 64 year old tractor can run.

Now I want to share a piece of advice that can make your lives much more satisfying, especially when dealing with the alligators snapping at your heels.  I struggled with the D-14 for a year before I cried out to God "I do not need this aggravation".   I had cried out to God on other occasions when the rubber-was-hitting-the road and He was always faithful and true in responding to those cries but I am a very slow learner and had to exhaust my human limitations before seeking the help of the One who is all wisdom.

 The Word is filled with power verses that give us encouragement during those times when it seems the roof is falling.  I suspect the world situations are only going to worsen as we get closer to the end of the Age of the Gentiles, so I strongly recommend you fill your mental computer hard drives with power verses that God can pull out of you when the rafters begin to creek.


Soooo, when the clouds darken I like to go back to David, for he knew what adversity was.  He wrote,  "The Lord is my strength and my shield: My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him" (Psalm 28:7).  And to John, who probably wrote these words on the Island of Patmos where he was in bondage, "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace, In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).  

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment