Monday, July 4, 2016

A Time For Joy!


A Promise:  For I am confident of this very thing that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus” ((Phil. 1:6).  And that my friends you can take to the bank!

Hey Gang:  “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth” (Gen. 1:1).  And then He turned man loose and man turned it into a superficial world.  We now live in a world where we often miss the wonderful hidden pearls that God so bountifully placed all around us.  This morning I watched the sun come up, as it has every day since He created it.  Is that not awesome?  Did you ever stop to say “Thank you Father God for gravity”? 

Do we not take things for granted in this affluent world?  With the rising of the sun came the sounds of birds, and the blowing of the wind through the trees.  Our resident rabbit is pigging out in the back yard, as he does many days.  I think it is one of God’s very special blessings for us as we start our day. A bird just flew by the window.  I wonder if he knows where he is going.

 I think perhaps he does for he does not seem to be weaving from place to place.  It is one of God’s other creations – man, who contains the ability to reason and think about what seem to be going in circles for much of his life. 

This time in the morning has become very special to me. Getting alone with the Master Designer of all that we survey is a good way to start the day.  I have come to the place where, when I cannot spend this hour or so with the Lord to begin my day, my day does not go so well.  Perhaps that is because I have joined the “older than dirt” crowd and my mind is no longer interested in what I can get out of life to what I can give.

So I pray this morning that I will be able to share Paul’s antidote to the grubby times and darts of the enemy that tend to defeat us.  The antidote, ‘JOY’.  How we get it – ‘an act of our will’.  In 1 Thessalonians 16 Paul gives us the formula to being an overcomer, ‘Rejoice always’.  Hard, yes, at times nearly impossible.  If that does not work, Paul tells us in Philippians 4:4 to turn up the heat and “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice” for the Lord is ever near to us. 

The key to rejoicing? “Pray without ceasing”.  Know what your weapons are and use them freely.  James  tells us “Submit therefore to God, Resist the devil and he will flee from you draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:7-8).

Paul’s third key to victory “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (verse 18).  I find the next instruction by Paul to be lacking in much of the generations that occupy planet earth at this time, “Do not quench the spirit or despise prophetic utterances” (vs. 19-20).   If you were to examine the recent studies pertaining the spiritual life of a growing number of persons in America, you find there is a steady diet of quenching the spirit in every facet of life. 

Rejoice, pray, give thanks in all things, don’t despise prophetic utterances, and abstain from doing evil equals “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (verse 22-23).

Bottom line: “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”   Is that not what we await for in this day when all things that can be shaken are being shaken?  

Blessings,  

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment