Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Joy Verses -The Grumps, con't


I repeat: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart” (Jer. 29:11-13).

Hey Gang:  Did you beat Satan to the punch, this morning?  Did you jump out of the rack and shout., “Good morning, Lord! Or did you crawl out of bed and murmur “Good Lord, Morning…”  As a house dad with sixteen very active teen-aged boys, I also learned that praise music playing, as they hit the floor, was a key ingredient as to how many confrontations I would have to referee before breakfast. 

I also learned when I started my day in the Word and conversation with God, it may not have reduced the number of confrontations I would face, but did give me the tools to use in dealing with those confrontations.  I learned early in my tenure as a shepherd to damaged sheep that balanced therapy was the key to sanity.  Chuck Swindoll wrote, “Crisis’ have a time-limit and your attitude can help determine how long they will last for “Greater is He that is you than He that is in the world” (I John 4:4).

While cutting wood one day, the gear mechanism in the splitter suddenly screeched and disintegrated.  It was an excellent time to enter the ‘O woe is me’ attitude but, just as I was turning up the ‘Let’s get depressed knob, a Pilate woodpecker began to sing his song, just a few trees down from me.  Now if you know anything about Pilates, you know they shun human attention; but God knew I needed a touch from Him at that moment.

This morning I want to spend a few minutes sharing an antidote to the ‘grubby times and darts of the enemy’ that tend to defeat us.  In Galatians 5:22-23 Paul gives us a listing of God’s fringe package and joy is the second of the package, right after love and right before peace.  When I make an active decision that I am going to fill my day with God’s love, His joy and His peace, I have a very good chance that I have a pretty good chance of having a day filled with victory! – Even when all things are being shaken.

This morning I want to zero in on the second, God’s joy factor.   First, we need to get to attributes of joy into our heart and mind, it is eternal; it was incorporated into creation! God said all that he created was good.  I have also learned that joy is a decision, as is love.    It is not based on feelings but on the promise and sovereignty of God.  Keep in mind one of Paul’s key phrases was, “Rejoice in the Lord and again I say rejoice.”  (Philippians 4:4). It is a decision on your part to follow his lead.

Joy is part of God’s fringe package that comes with God’s smorgasbord when we plug into His power supply.  Even in the midst of the fiery furnaces we can be joyful, knowing that He is in the midst of that experience. 
Remember the story of Moses on the mountain?  God had just told him He wanted Moses to go back to Egypt and Moses got into the “but” game.  “But” I have a price on my head; but, there are others more equipped to do that; but, I don’t talk so good.  God’s response, “What do you have in your hand?”  A rod.  “Throw it down.”   It turned into a serpent. “ Now pick I up by the tail.”  I suspect Moses might have done as told with a wee bit of concern.  He knew the power contained within that serpent was death but he obeyed. 

And God turned the serpent back into the rod but, there was a very significant difference – the serpent had been removed!

We are up to speed on what quality control is all about.  God showed us His quality control in this experience in Moses life.   Remember in the last blog, we were told to bring all that we have into God’s storehouse and he will make sure our needs will be met, and that is fan– tab u-lous!  But, “then” in the next verse is the really wondrous promise “then I will rebuke the devourer for you”. (Mal 3: 10-11).

Hey, folks, these are days filled with evilness.  We need to have our armor in place. We need to throw our rods on the ground and let Him take the serpent out of them, and we need to heed  “MY God shall supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:19). 

Keep in mind the ditty from the last blog: “God said, “Good morning, I am God, Today I will be handling all of your problems.  Please remember that I will not need your help today, so go and have a great day.  I will be supplying all of your needs according to my riches.  All you need to do is bring your tithe (meaning every jot and tittle) into the storehouse and let me dole it out as you need it”.
Also, keep in mind “The joy of the Lord is your strength.” (Nehemiah 8:10).
.
Blessings,

Gramps 

No comments:

Post a Comment