Wednesday, July 27, 2016

SIng to the Lord a Few Songs



“Sing for joy in the Lord, O you righteous ones; Praise is becoming to the upright.  Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings.  Sing to Him a new song; For the world of the Lord is upright, And all His work is done in faithfulness.  He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the Lord” (Psa.  33:3-5).

Hey Gang:  I cut the grass today and did not miss a blade.   I love to cut the grass.  Does that sound
strange?  If I were to choose the day I complete this chore, it would be on a day when I was in a bummer mode.  Let me tell you why?

Reread the above Scripture again.  What do you think might have been going through the mind and
heart of the Psalmist when he wrote these words?   When I am mowing and the mower engine is
roaring, I am free to sing at the top of my lungs and it will not offend anyone.

I have no lyre or ten string harp to accompany me, nor did I sing to Him a new song.  As a matter of
 fact I tend to sing a trilogy when I am mowing.  The first is a song that I learned sitting under the
 teaching of one Ada Alloway, the song leader of our Sunday School.  It is one I hope will be sung at my
 going away party to the heavenlies titled “Jesus Loves Me”. 

It is also one that has tremendous truths that can fill your heart with the joy of the Lord.  I noticed my
 neighbors were all away, so I could belt it out with all my gusto- “Jesus loves me this I know”.  How do I
know?  The Bible tells we so.”  Wow, is it not awesome to know Jesus loves you and me?   

The second song I hope will be sung as I hear My Lord say “Well done, true and faithful servant, enter
the Kingdom of Heaven!” is “This Little Light of Mine.”  Every time it was my turn to request a song in
Sunday School I always requested the little chorus, “This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine”.    

The third song that completes my trilogy of praise to Abba Father is a relatively new-comer when
compared to the first two, “Lord Make Me a sanctuary”.  It was only recently that God pointed out
to me that each song is a prerequisite to the next song: “Jesus Loves me this I know” is the foundation
truth to “This Little Light of Mine I am going to let it shine” and this, too, is a prerequisite to “Lord Make
Me a Sanctuary”.  

So my young friends If you ae having one of those bummer days just belt out a verse or two of ”Jesus
Loves Me” and follow it with a verse or two of “This Little Light of Mine” and cap it off with a few verse
of “Lord, Make me a Sanctuary”.

One last point: this is a diversionary tactic against the evil one!  I have learned that with each verse  
flowing from my inner most being, my joy increases, and we know that the joy of the Lord increases our
strength.  (Nehemiah 8:10  Try it.  It is a free weapon against evil one. Know when we voice the name of Jesus, the enemy cannot stand the heat and must flee!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment