Sunday, July 17, 2016

Joy Verses - The Grumps


“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jer. 29:11-13).

Hey Gang:  Jay Leno wrote the following ‘quote of the month’- a year or three ago: “With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to the other, and with the threat of bird flu, and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?”

I believe God also gave us a “quote” but, not of the month but for that time which He referred to as the  Latter Days or the Last Days found in Hebrews `12:26-29: “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven.”  This expression “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, ‘so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.  Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe.  For our God is a fire”.

After watching the morning news over my second cup of coffee this morning and listening to the up- date on the truck/semi in France that took the lives of more than eighty people, the uprising in Turkey that took the lives of over a hundred and sixty people and the concern on the part of the law enforce-ment agencies in Cleveland, pertaining to coming convention, my blood pressure tapped me on the shoulder and said, “enough”.

After cranking up my computer I ask the Lord where He would have me go his morning.  I believe He whispered in my ear “Lighten Up”.   Most folks are wound too tight.  We spend far too much of our lives on the clinkers that we find in the road.  News that someone we love is sick, not enough money to meet the needs of the day, too many things to do and not enough time and energy to do them.  We soon begin to feel, worn out, depressed and that shakes down in feelings of defeat.  Been there and done that!

It brought memories of those first years in the development of the Village when I found myself running in a skillion different directions, never enough time, never enough staff, never enough money and never enough time to meet even those things that were on the “critical must do” list. 

How many know, when you are up to your armpits in alligators, there is no time to drain the swamp.  It was after one of the harrowing days when I came across a little ditty that became my refuge and gave me strength.  It goes like this, and I suggest you copy it and put it someplace that is readily available to read, for this is truly the day when “all is being shaken”.   

It goes like this “God morning, I am God., Today I will be handling all of your problems.  Please remember that I will not need your help today, so go and have a great day.  I will be supplying all of your needs according to my riches.  All you need to do is bring your tithe (meaning your everything) into the storehouse and let me dole it out a you need it

And, on top of that, I will “Rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground, nor will our vine in the field cast its grape,” says the Lord of hosts” (Mal. 3:11). 

Now, before you close this down for the day, reread the morning Scripture one more time and get Jeremiah’s words firmly into your heart, mind and Gizzard: “God morning, I am God., Today I will be handling all of your problems.  Please remember that I will not need your help today, so go and have a great day.”

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment