Friday, July 12, 2019

A Lesson I Learned in the Heat of Battle!

“The steps of a man are established by the Lord, And He delights in his way.  When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.  I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken” (Psalm 37:23-24).

Hey Gang:  Paul wrote, ”Beware, tough times are going to come, times when the world will be filled with men of depraved minds and anyone who chooses to live godly lives will become the targets of these depraved minds.  A reading of 2 Timothy 3:1-7 removes any doubt about how very close we are to the coming of the Lord.  

Each time I read this panoramic overview of what man will look like in that final time, before Father God says to His Son, “Go and bring your sheep to the Marriage Feast of the Lamb”, I see our culture moving more that direction. How very powerful and filled with truth is that final verse (7): They will be “Always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth”.

I do not believe it was an accident that Paul placed the following words at the end of this prophesy in II Timothy of things that will happen in the Later Day, for I have watched it come to fruition even in my lifetime:  “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching for reproof  or correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work” (2Tim. 16-17).  

I believe Paul was telling us that we should load both barrels of our weapon with the Scriptures and be ever prepared to do battle with the enemy.  I know you have heard this many times, always “Put on the full  armor of God, from shod feet to the helmet of salvation with shield of faith in one hand and the sword of God, which is His Word, in the other”. 

When the children of Israel returned to Jerusalem after the Babylon captivity to rebuild the walls the enemy was ever present to harass, threaten, ridicule and frighten the workers.  But it only deepened the resolve, in the hearts of the workers, to complete the task.  Nehemiah let it be known that he would not come down from the wall until it was finished.  The workers worked with sword in one hand and tools in the other.

O, how far we have gone astray!   Surely, you’ve noticed that in these reckless times Christianity has lost respectability and is looked upon, by growing numbers, as “intolerant” and “discriminatory.”  Churches that once preached the pure Word - including the prophetic word - have become ‘missing in action.’    Surprised?  If you are in the Word, you should not be surprised in the rapid decline of the influence of the church.  Paul said, “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution, but evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived” (2 Tim. 3:12-13).

In Revelation we read a description of the church of the last days.  Jesus called it “neither hot nor cold”.  He said “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.  So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot or cold, I will spit you out of My mouth” (Rev. 3:15-16).

What say you, do you think that God has spewed many churches out of His mouth and even now continues the culling process?  Barna, a well-known Christian research group, recently reported that a hundred churches per week, I emphasize “PER WEEK” are closing their doors. 

My friends, if ever there was a time to stay glued to the Word, in touch with Abba Father and diligently listening­­­­ to -but verifying what is coming forth from the pulpits of the land, it is right NOW.  Jesus made it abundantly clear that in the final chapter of this Age there will be great deception!  Truer words were never spoken.

I would be remiss if I did not close with Jesus’ Words found in Revelation 3:21, “He who overcomes, I will grant to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”    If you happen to come across this epistle and are not secure in the Father’s hand, notice Jesus’ Words in the next chapter, “I looked and behold a door standing open in heaven.”  

 A door to salvation in Christ that one day soon is going to close and then comes judgment and eternity!
Blessings,
Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment