Tuesday, July 2, 2019

God's Shaker - Not A Nice Place to Be!

“Yet once more,” denotes the removal of those things which can be shaken, as of created things so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.  Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire” (Heb. 12:26-29).

 Hey Gang, James wrote, “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials (when you are in the shaker) knowing the testing of your faith produces endurance and endurance the perfect result so that you may be perfect and complete lacking in nothing”  (James 1:2-4).

Now, I confess I am working through James’ words at this moment and also confess that I am in the ‘act-of-the-will stage’ of recovery from a tragic event yesterday. I really want to be angry and throw the computer down the basement stairs, but at the peek of my anger, my many hours of planting seeds of the Word into my heart, kicked in.

The bride-of- my-youth had answered the call to go north and speak to a Women’s Retreat and, since it was raining, I decided to spend the morning preparing and put the finishing touches in preparation for our coming class on Preparing the Saints For Action.  All went wonderfully well. I was in the wrap-up stage, page sixteen in my notes, when suddenly the screen went blank! 

For the next hour I searched every nook and cranny of the computer, but to no avail.  While searching my grandson who is a guru on a computer called and he, too, walked through the various modes of recovery - but still the blank screen stared back at me. 

This was not the first time this has happened to me, so I had learned the lesson to make sure everything I prepared was backed up on the hard drive. I had diligently followed these words of woe for those who failed to do so; within the previous hour I had taken a coffee break and had backed up all that I had completed.  

Now, I m not a computer guru.  As a mater-of-fact, I am not electronically gifted.  I do not even have a cell phone!  I am totally dependent on those with a gift of ‘compurese’ and one thing that I had been taught many times is back up your materials, for once on the hard drive they will not be lost.  

Well, I could go on and turn this epistle in a gigantic pity party.  But, you see, the material lost was a review of the Plan of Salvation and one section included how to deal with adversity.  I really had no excuse to yell and scream and throw the computer down the steps.  So, I shut the machine down and went out and cut some wood, and while my hands were busy, I had a conversion with God! 
 
This morning I began the rewrite of the materials.  I am anxious to see if He takes me down a different road.  Somehow, I suspect He will.       

Yes, my young friends, we are going to go through increasingly more difficult shakers, as the end of the Age of Gentiles - described so clearly in the Prophets, Minor Prophets and Revelation,  The writer of the Hebrews and James also knew that but they also had the words of Jeremiah in their computer banks.  Notice the power verse in Jeremiah 29:12 where God said, “For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”  Keep in mind he was addressing a people who were in bondage in Babylon.

So, my young friends, when it feels that God has you in His shaker, turn to Isaiah 25:1 and shout to the heavens:  “O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.”   Even if you do not feel like it!

Blessings,

Gramps

PS Pray for Gramps.  Today he begins 5 weeks of Radiation and Chemo to counter Esophegal cancer.
We will tell more about this journey on Thursday 4 and Saturday 6 of this same week.


No comments:

Post a Comment