Monday, June 27, 2011

How Firm Is Your Foundation?

The bride-of-my-youth is out for the evening so I have been seeking what the Lord would have me say to you in the coming days and weeks. As I have mentioned before we are studying a book titled “Why Pray” by John DeVries. It is truly a book filled with many pearls-of-great-price.

Tonight I went back through the first section of the book and pulled out all of the Scriptures that John used to establish a foundation for building what will follow. Below you will find some of them. Read them carefully - over and over again - and let the Holy Spirit drive them deep into your soul.

One of my favorite old hymns has been banging around my head all day. “How Firm A Foundation, ye saints of the Lord, Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word! What more can He say than to you He hath said, to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?” In these verses we are blessed with a firm foundation!

“Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, In the city of our God, His Holy mountain.” (Psalm 48:1)

“We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.” (I Corinthians 2:11-12)

In John 15:4 we read, “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”

“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:29-30)

If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us.” (2 Timothy 2:12)

Soooo, my young friends, how’s your foundation? Are you anchored on the “Rock?”

Blessing

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment