Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is Our World On A Collision Course With God?

“I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there. On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom I have scattered among the nations; AND THEY HAVE DIVIDED MY LAND” (Joel 3:2).

In a recent prophecy conference one of the segments in the conference was titled “Hey, what’s happening man?” Several of the more prominent prophecy guru’s were fielding questions. One question that was asked was, “Can you sum up prophecy in one word? The moderator of the discussion said, “O that’s easy - Israel”!

In the news this morning they gave a quick overview of the major catastrophic events that have and are taking place in our country at this time, huge, uncontrolled fires in Texas and now Arizona, hundreds of people killed in horrendous tornadoes and hurricanes, and flooding that has driven multitudes from their homes and then destroyed the homes. It seems each day there is a new and often more sinister catastrophe that hits our nation.

At the same time our government seems to be on a course to dictate that the nation of Israel give away covenant land that was given them by God through Abraham. Is Joel giving us a clue as to why we are experiencing such trauma in our country? Joel did say God would pour out his wrath on those nations that “Have Divided My Land”. (Joel 3:2)

One of the speakers of the conference was overwhelmingly excited. He said, "Yes, we are experiencing catastrophic events across our world but God is faithful and is not one bit nervous for He said, "I do not want you to be unaware of what is going to happen in the last times, and I have given you fair warning that you need to have your house in order for you don’t have a clue when I will release My Son to come and take back what is His." (Hillybilly rendition)

Soooo, what say you, my friends and neighbors? Is your lamp filed with oil? What joy there is in knowing Jesus loves you and me so much that He gave His life on a hideous cross to prepare the way for us to dump our sinful ways and latch onto his shirttail.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment