Friday, June 17, 2011

Reaping Can Be Down Right Aggravating!!!!!

“I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction”. (2 Timothy 4:1-2)

Hey Gang: I talked to a farmer friend who said he has the solution to my problem with the tractor. He said I have rust in my gas tank that leads to corroding the carburetor which leads to shutting the engine down which leads to putting too much pressure on the battery and starter which leads to the frustration of the operator!

Excited? NO! I was more informed of the problem but still had no solution. Butttttt – he went on to say “the foot bone is connected to the ankle bone and the ankle bone is connected to the leg bone and etc. etc. Disconnect each one and blow them out and the problem will go by the boards.

Now I must make a confession to you – I have had the name of this guy on my desk for several months and chose to handle the problem myself rather than seek help. Does that sound like anyone you know? I obeyed and did indeed disconnect all the bones and blew them out and the tractor is running like a smooth oiled machine again.

Ya know folks there is a principle in that little story. Paul said “We are going to reap what we sow”. I recall a story of a chaplain who was walking through a prison yard and came across an inmate who was binding the bedding, preparing it for pick up. The chaplain said to the inmate, “sewing, heh?” to which the prisoner replied “No, reaping”.

We do have the unique power within us to turn minor problems that we face on a daily basis into major incidents when the answer is just a phone call away. Jeremiah 33:3 tells us, “Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Even how to fix a tractor! We tend to forget that God wants us to turn our every need, our every thought, and our every problem over to Him and use our talents to be seed planters.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment