Thursday, June 30, 2011

Choices, Choices, Choices!!!

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20)

Hey Gang: Let me share a wonderful truth that I have learned in my 77 year tenure on this earth – that God will not tamper with you unless you invite Him in. As the morning Scripture so clearly explains, ‘He stands patiently at the door of every heart and has a very deep desire that no one perish – but the door knob of your heart is on the inside. While still the exulted ruler of the Flying Bird Boy Club (as some liked to refer to the Village), I, along with my bride and daughter had the privilege of conducting parenting classes. I must admit there were times when we questioned if anything we said penetrated the granite shields that had built up in the hearts and minds of many of these folks. I referred to them as my ‘agony and pain’ club.

I had a hard time understanding why people who are going through the wilderness choose to remain in the wilderness and not reach out to Abba Father to take them by the hands and lead them to the promise land. Then one day “Paul” tapped me on the shoulder and said, “For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very things I hate”. (Romans 7:15 ). Really? Is that really you – Paul? I thought your Damascus Road experience made you perfect in all ways!

Paul went on to say, “Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.” But he does not leave it lay there, he declares “Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. (Romans 7:25-8:1).

Sooooo, my young friends, when the rubber-hits-the-road and your back is up-against–the-wall, keep in mind the door knob is on the inside of your heart!

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment