Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why My One Leg Is Shorter Than The Other!

“And My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:19)

Hey Gang, Most of you know I am a Pennsylvania Hillbilly and lived my early years in a three home coal miner village way back in the Appalachian Mountains. They used to say we lived so far back in the sticks that even the hoot owls carried knapsacks and they pumped sunshine to us every Saturday morning. If you know anything about the coalminers of that day, you know they were generally uneducated men who were held captive by their lack of education.

In my teenaged years I tended to walk the same path as my dad and did not do well in school. I certainly did not have the confidence that I was of much value to anyone. And then two things happened in my life that turned me around. I met a pearl of great price that become my bride and I was drafted into the military. The military proved to me that I had far more talent than I thought I had, and my bride, through her confidence, love and commitment provided me with a new direction for my life.

When I finished my tour in the Air Force, I became an Air Traffic Controller for the FAA but God said, ‘Don’t become too comfortable’ and closed that door. I then returned to college and graduated and worked my way up in the Juvenile Justice system in California. Again God said ‘Don’t get too comfortable’, and closed that door!

I often asked the question, “Why did God chose me to develop the Village? Were there not better educated, more experienced people who would have done a better job?”

I believe the answer to that is ‘yes’. “So why me Lord”? His answer was very clear, Because you were willing to “Go and spread the Good News that Jesus Christ is Lord.Jesus said, “Ask and I will give you whatever you need as long as it is within My will”. That is my legacy – God gave and I went.

Soooo, my young friends and family – ‘Trust and obey for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey’. When you look in the mirror this morning, remember the person staring back has a mission that God has placed in your heart and God never assigns missions without providing the total package needed to fulfill that mission.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment