Thursday, June 23, 2011

Your Values Do Determine Your Choices and Your Choices Determine Your Destiny!


“And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they as will be heard for their many words. So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him” (Matthew 7:7-8)

Hey Gang: In the years I was the exulted ruler of Eagle Village I spoke to many groups across the state, sharing the many good things God was doing in the lives of children and families through the Village. On each occasion, I ask God to give me something fresh to share with each group that would hit their hot button, and He never failed in answering that request.

I used to read the road advertisement signs and ask God for guidance on how I could promote the Village as the world promoted its products. I would ask, “How, Lord, can I get the message of the Village across with the same impact that Campbell’s uses to sell their pork and beans?

One day, when in route to speak at a service club I again asked God to give me a fresh word. I stopped at a Burger King for a bit of refreshment and noticed a Star War’s Advertisement that said ,“Your Choices Determine Your Destiny”.

Wow, what a powerful statement. I thanked the Lord for my fresh thought for the group. But that wonderful quiet voice whispered in my ears, Your Choices Determine Your Destiny was only part of the story. There is a very important prerequisite that determine your choices which is key to the success of that little ditty. It is your Values that Determine Your Choices that Determine Your Destiny.

One day we will give an accounting of our values and I pray that all who are reading this morning message will be able to say, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing” (2 Timothy 3:7-8)..

Soooo, my young friends, how’s your values? Do they drive you to make choices that bring honor and glory to your Master? Something for you to ponder as you go about your duties this day.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment