Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Have You Been Grafted In?






“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser”.  (Jn. 15:1)  “Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.”  (v. 4).  If you abide in Me and My word abides in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you.”  (v. 7).  And finally “These things I have spoken to you, so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.” (v.11).

Do you think it is okay to pray for the same thing day in and day out and several times in between?  Some would say that is repetitious and Pharisaical in nature.  To that I say “humbug”.  Paul said we are to “pray without ceasing” which I interpret as praying for those things that are on your heart until they are answered or put to bed forever.

At the top of my prayer list is “Lord, send a warning shot across the bow of those who are drifting down the river with no safety net.” There is noting that I fear more than knowing what is at the end of the path for those that have chosen to “go their own way”.

One of my favorite chapters in the Scriptures, along with many others, is John 15.  Jesus makes it Oh, so wondrously clear, that if we are not connected to the Vine, which is Christ Jesus, we are in big trouble.

I have used the analogy that when God breathes life into us, (you do believe God breathes life into you, don’t you?) He also places His wiring system in you, a wiring system that lays dormant until we recognize the need for Christ in our lives and surrender our all to Him and plug our wiring system into His power supply.  I believe the wiring analogy is a hillbilly rendition of being attached to the vine.

If we choose not to plug our power cord into God’s power supply, we are like a lamp with no light or a tree with no fruit.  You may even be a great success with tons of accolades that you can brag about but, unless you are grafted into the vine and producing fruit, you are on dangerous
grounds.

Soooo, be aware that Jesus said fruitless vines would be pruned.  I don’t know about you but I certainly do not want to be “pruned”.  Jesus remedy for pruning – “Abide in Me!. 
Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment