Sunday, November 6, 2011

When the Rubber – Hits - The - Road




“How blessed is the man whose strength is in You, In whose heart are the highways of Zion!”  (Psalm 84:5)
This has been a very difficult week with many aches and pains.  Besides that my tractor is down once again and correction of the problem has been very slow in coming which has brought much discouragement and disappointment.  No matter how mature (meaning getting old as dirt) I become, these “days in the valley” do not become easier.

But this morning God sent a very special blessing to me, just to let me know He is very aware of my frustration and pain and will give me all I need to carry out His specific instructions for me this day, He placed a very special song in my heart.    “We shall behold Him!”

And when I opened my Bible, it opened to Psalms 84, not a Psalm that carried any special significance for me until this morning.  It starts out with a very special message for those days when the roof seems to be about to fall in on us; “Blessed is the man whose strength is in You.  Whose heart is set on pilgrimage.  As they pass through the Valley of Baca, They make it a spring;  The rain also covers it with pools.”  (vs. 5-6).

How many know that every word in the Bible has a very special significance.  I was drawn to the word ‘Baca” and after a bit of research I learned the Valley of Baca is associated with weeping.  As a matter of fact the word Baca is derived from a word that means “to weep”. 

Reading these verses reminded me that to follow God is to be on a long journey -   pilgrimage – that traverses all kinds of terrain.  We wind in and out, way up steep mountains and soon find ourselves in deep valleys; periods of laughter and excitement followed by periods of weeping and boredom.

I began my day in the Valley lf Baca, but God send me a very special blessing when He filled my hearing with “WE SHALL BEHOLD HIM!”  His Word assures me “I do not walk alone”.  

Blessings,

Gramps    

No comments:

Post a Comment