Friday, July 1, 2011

Watch What You Say & Do Someone Is Watching!

Hey Gang: When I was a little squeezer I tried to be an imitator of all my heroes. Saturday morning was a ritual in my life. I would truck off to the movie theater and watch the Roy Rogers, Gene Autrys, the Lone Rangers and all of the heroes of that day.

On the way home from the theater I visualized myself as an imitator of those great heroes. But the agreement with my mom was, I could go to be with my heroes in the morning but the afternoon and chores belonged to her. It did not take long after arriving home that the imitations went by the board and reality set in.

Is it okay to be an imitator? Paul said if you really want to be great in God’s kingdom, then be an imitator of God. Paul also wrote in his first letter to the Corinthians “For in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. Therefore I exhort you to be imitators of me”. (4:15b-15). Do you think it would be okay to be an imitator of Paul?

He also wrote, “Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21). But, notice that he laid a solid foundation for this statement through “rejoicing always, praying without ceasing, giving thanks for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus and being careful not to quench the Spirit, nor despising prophetic utterances.”(verses 16-20).

Soooo my young friends, be careful today that you not become an imitator of something or someone that tarnishes your witness and grieves the Holy Spirit.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment