Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anniversary Day - I Have Been Blessed - Have You?

“Give and it shall be given to you…For by your standard of measure it will be given to you in return.” (Luke 6:38.

This morning Gramps’ message is the two hundred and sixtieth message or one year Anniversary of Pop’s devotionals now ‘Gramps morning thoughts’. I don’t know if you realize how very amazing that is! As a youngster I had a very difficult time in school. I believe, if you were able to poll all of my teachers from first grade through college, all would agree that writing and expressing myself was not my long suit.

One of the points that I tried to drive deep into the minds and hearts of those who came to work at the Village was ‘You should not look for the harvest’ - that is up to God. Your job is to be a ‘seed planter’. Let the change process come through the work of the Holy Spirit. Looking for the harvest leads to burnout!

It has been my prayer, since message number one went out, that the morning messages would be an encouragement and build a little fire in the hearts of the readers as they get ready to face the battle of each day. I would also suggest that I am the one that gains the most from these morning messages, for I am the one who does the research in the Word and many other sources that come across my desk as I seek help and guidance from Abba Father

I have always tried to remain outside of the repetition loop because I know folks tend to tire of the ‘same old thing’ and seek new venues that perk their appetites. I have a confession to make, I have wondered if it is time for me to seek other avenues of service to my Lord, but each time I begin to consider ending the morning messages, it seems God opens new doors on what He would have me send out to you!

When a good friend and Christian brother suggested that I should consider developing a blog for the messages I did not have a clue as to what a ‘blog’ was. When he offered to set it up and help with the maintenance and adding the graphics to the ‘blog’ I readily agreed. I have learned that the real value of the ‘blog’ is the encouragement received by me personally because I know by the numbers that there are people who are reading the ‘blog’.

I pray that the morning thoughts are helpful for you and that you share the messages with others through your actions and words throughout the day.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment