Friday, July 8, 2011

Sing For Joy In The Lord!

I cut the grass yesterday and did not miss a blade. But I am also paying the piper for my stick to it attitude. The weather man is saying we will have rain the next several days followed by some rather warm temperatures. So, what that means is I will be back on ye old mowing machine once again in three or four days and bless the neighbors with my singing praises.

What do you think might have been going through the mind and heart of the Psalmist when he wrote these words, “Sing for joy in the Lord, O you righteous ones; Praise is becoming to the upright. Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the Lord.” (Psalm 33:1-5)

I didn’t have a lyre or ten string harp to accompany me nor did I sing to Him a new song. As a matter of fact I tend to sing a trilogy when I am mowing. The first is a song that I learned sitting under the teaching of one Ada Alloway, the song leader of our Sunday School. It is one I hope will be sung at my going away party to the heavenlies titled “Jesus Loves Me” .

It is also one that has tremendous truths that can fill ones heart with the joy of the Lord. I noticed my neighbors were all away so I could belt it out with all my gusto- “Jesus loves me this I know”. How do I know? Because the Bible tells me so. Wow, is it not awesome to know Jesus loves you and me?

The second song I hope will be sung as I hear My Lord say “Well down, true and faithful servant, enterthe Kingdom of Heaven!”, is one that every time it was my turn to request a song, I always requested the little chorus This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine”.

The third song that completes my trilogy of praise to Abba Father is a relatively new one when compared to the first two,. “Lord, Make Me a Sanctuary.” But it was only recently that God pointed out to me that each song is a prerequisite to the next song. Jesus Loves me this I know, is the foundation truth to this “Little light of mine I am going to let it shine”, and this, too ,is a prerequisite to “Lord Make Me a Sanctuary”.

Sooo, my young friends as you are flitting from heather and yon, sing to the Lord A new Song, or plug into Gramp’s trilogy. I know each and all know them from the Ada Alloways who have left their marks in your lives

Blessings.

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment