Thursday, July 7, 2011

Do Your Prayers Sometimes Feel Like Bricks? Part Two

God gives His best to those who want Him most! “Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am God, I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right-hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)

In yesterday’s morning message, I shared some of those that God has taught me about prayer in the past year. But as John wrote at the end of his Gospel, “If all the things which Jesus did were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written”. (21:25) I believe the same is true about our relationship with our heavenly Father through communication (prayer).

I learned another very essential ingredient to effective prayer to “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10). Be still can mean “let up, leave off or let go”. We feel reluctant to pray because of some failure in our lives. But that, too, is covered in Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your

It is through Christ, the mediator, that we are called to pray. The message of Christ is filled with invitations to pray, “Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with Him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20). All Christ needs is access, and He will come in as mediator. He calls it dining with us. Prayer does not enable us to do greater work for God, but rather it is a greater work for

How shall we respond? Tell Him how much we want to obey with Him and need Him. “As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for you, O God, My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.” (Psa. 42:1-2).

Sooooo, young people, I close this morning message with the same thought that it began – God gives His best to those who want Him the most. What say you.? Do you really want Him?

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment