Monday, July 4, 2011

A Solid Rock In Hard Times!


“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might he increases power”.

“Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” (Isaiah 40:27-31).

“Do not fear for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).

Hey gang; there are times when there are no words that one can add to God’s Word that would make sense. Such is Isaiah’s words in the morning Scripture. I don’t know about you but I am ecstatic that God never becomes weary or tired, nor does He ever forsake us even when we turn our backs on His leading and go our own way.

If ever there was a time when we need a God whose understanding is inscrutable it is today. If there was ever a time when we need God’s strength and power it is today.

The above verses have become a rock to my salvation as I have moved into the Golden Years (Golden for the medical profession). I enjoy seeking those promises of God that are designed to be our refuge and strength. Malachi gave us one of those promises when he wrote:

But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.” (Malachi 4:2).

I don’t know about you but I long for the day when I can once again skip like a calf.

Soooo, young folks, keep in mind, as you traverse this day, Abba Father loves you and will never leave or forsake you.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment