Friday, July 22, 2011

The Last Chapter Of The Miracle of the Gideon Bible!

We know the story of the rich man and the poor man Lazarus, both died and Lazarus was carried away to the bosom of Abraham and the rich man buried. “In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.”

“And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue for I am in agony in this flame.” (Luke 16:23-24)

The amazing part of the ‘Ted Story’ is that the State had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to change Ted’s attitude and the way he was living his life, and they failed but a sixty- nine cent Gideon Bible changed his life forever!

Many years ago, after walking through this experience with Ted, I made a promise to God and to myself. I would fight continually for those young souls who were floundering, frightened, with no direction and introduce them to the God of the Gideon Bible.

I did a mini study recently of Heaven and the Lake of Fire. A study that frightened me, for I know there are those of my family and loved ones who do not know Jesus as Lord. It terrifies me when I read the description of what awaits them on that final judgment day if they do not surrender their lives to Jesus.

Sooo, my young friends and compatriots, I pray you will join me and make a commitment to never give up a person no matter how hard they may appear. Ted learned that our God is an awesome God while in a nine by nine cell.

I pray daily that God will give me the opportunity to snatch another Ted from the evil one.

A postscript to Ted’s story: God released him from prison in less than three years and he immediately went out and bought a ten-pound Bible, shorts, sandals, a tank top and went to Haight Asbury were he has rescued many young folks who were on the same track he had walked.

God has a great desire for you. He wants to use you and me to be a Ted to someone who is on a one- way track to the Lake of Fire. Think about that for a moment and then pick up your Sword and ask God to lead you to a person that you can snatch from Satan’s web.

Blessing,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment