Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Watch Carefully For God's Blessings!

“As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?” (Psalm 42:1-2)

Hey Gang: “How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace and brings good news of happiness. Who announces salvation, and says to Zion ‘Your God reigns!’”. (Isaiah 52:7)


As we prepare the way of the Lord “Every valley shall be exulted, and every mountain shall be brought low…” (Isaiah 40:4) Our feet are beautiful as we follow the Spirit of God in sharing the message of Messiah to a lost and dying world.

“The Lord God is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet, and makes me walk on my high places.” (Habakkuk. 3:19). “He makes my feet like hinds feet, and sets me upon my high places” (Psalm 18:33). (Hind means a deer without antlers, young or female.) If our legs are like the legs of a deer they are secure on the ground.

I recall one Saturday morning in the early spring when our boys were involved in an off campus activity and I was elected to feed and water the horses. It was not unusual for a momma deer to invade the chow line by jumping over the corral fence. In these early spring months they often had a little tyke at their side who would jump the four foot fence with the same ease as their mom.

On that particular morning I was super blessed to be standing inside the barn when mom and little tyke came to visit. While mom partook of her morning vittles the little tyke came over to see what I was doing. It was one of those unforgettable blessings that God gives us.

Soooo, my good friends, keep your eyes open and be aware that God wants to send you a special blessing today, but you must be alert so as not to miss it.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment