Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tough Times Have a time Limit and We Have Much to Say About How Long They Last!

Holy Land Picture of the Day  

Negev Desert (ICEJ Staff photograph)Negev Desert
Today's picture is of the northern fringe of the Negev desert, near the Dead Sea. It reminds us of Dueteronomy 32:9-10; For the Lord's portion is His people; Jacob is the allotment of His inheritance. He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of a wilderness; He encircled him, He cared for him, He guarded him as the pupil of His eye".

Hey Gang,  I like Chuck Swindoll!   He rings my bell with his common sense approach to presenting God's Word.  He made a comment one day that I believe with all my heart to be true. He said,  "Many preachers would be far more effective if they just got up on Sunday Morning and read the Word to their flock.”

The news coming from the four corners, in the past several days, has been especially depressing.  I am sure you who avail yourselves of ‘Gramps messages’ on a regular basis get a wee bit tired of hearing me use the prophetic words of Haggai, "Everything that can be shaken will be shaken" but I do not believe we can deny "everything that can be shaken is being shaken".

So this morning I felt I should follow Pastor Swindoll's suggestion and just let the Word speak to your hearts.  The following verses area few of the promises God gives us for tough times:
   
Isaiah 43:2-3  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched.  Nor will the flame burn you.  For I am the Lord your God,  The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”

Jer. 29:11-13 “For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me and I will listen to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Matthew 7:7-8  “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks,  it will be opened.”

Matthew 11:28-30  “Come to Me all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light”.

Phil.6:6-7  “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God.  And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.

James 1:2-4 “Consider it all joy my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produced endurance.  And let endurance have its prefect result so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

Psalm 9:9-10 “The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble; And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O Lord have not forsaken those who seek You.”

Psalms 91:1-2; 14-16  “He who dwell in the shelter of the most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust.”

Soooo,  yes, one does not have to be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon to see that God is doing all in his power to get our attention.  My heart aches when I see folks going through very deep waters, but I also know that the honing of the wheel produces endurance for the long fight that lays ahead and through endurance we become perfect in God's sight.  (James 1:1-4). 

No comments:

Post a Comment